- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust – announcement of Trust appointments - 2018
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- Bunurong Memorial Park awarded Gold in 2018 Driven x Design, Melbourne Design Awards
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Vigil Candle Lit on National Police Remembrance Day
- A Brand New Home for the Centre for Care & Wellbeing
- What's on at SMCT
Natural Burials at Bunurong Memorial Park
Find your unique way to remember within Bunurong Memorial Park’s natural burial bushland
We are pleased to announce the upcoming release of Murrun Naroon ‘Life Spirit’, a new and unique natural burial option positioned in a beautiful native bushland environment at Bunurong Memorial Park.
This area provides a sense of openness and the ability to reconnect with nature and give back through returning our bodies to the earth to nourish new life within a distinctly native area.
Murrun Naroon is a fresh alternative to traditional burial that focuses on recreating and maintaining the integrity of a native bushland.
A natural burial option allows for positions to be identified using trees and organic recyclable materials such as timber, that seamlessly blend within the area.
Murrun Naroon gives the ability to re-connect with the earth in a natural and gentle way, creating a unique experience that lasts beyond a lifetime.