SMCT is committed to sustainability and the critical issues of climate change.
We view environmental responsibility as part of good governance.
We emphasise the need to reduce carbon emissions and the consumption of non-renewable resources and this is embedded in our workplace ethos at all levels of our organisation.
SMCT’s Environmental Management Policy aims to:
- encourage behavioural change throughout our organisation through ongoing education
- incorporate environmental objectives into our practices and services
- consistently improve operating efficiencies to reduce the consumption of key resources
- measure and report on our environmental impact to our employees, communities and key stakeholders
- contribute to the development of a sustainable environment by displaying industry and community leadership.