- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust – announcement of Trust appointments - 2018
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- Bunurong Memorial Park awarded Gold in 2018 Driven x Design, Melbourne Design Awards
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Vigil Candle Lit on National Police Remembrance Day
- A Brand New Home for the Centre for Care & Wellbeing
- RSL Remembrance Service at Springvale War Cemetery
- All Souls Day Services 2018
- Worksafe Awards 2018 Finalist
- Children’s Christmas Remembrance Service 2018
- CCW Christmas Carols on the Lawn
- Annual General Meeting 2018
- Bunurong Memorial Park Christmas Remembrance Service
- Melbourne Food and Wine 2019
- Thoughts and condolences for Christchurch
- Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show 2019
- Ching Ming 2019
- St Kilda Health and Safety Announcement
- Mother’s Day Remembrance Service 2019
- What's on at SMCT
We warmly invite you to our special Mother’s Day Remembrance Service on Thursday 9 May.
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust are currently undertaking a review of the fence surrounding the perimeter of St Kilda Cemetery.
Our annual Ching Ming event will be held on Sunday 31 March with the Transfer of Merits commencing at the Di Zhang Wang Temple 10.00am – 11.00am.
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust is proud to announce their acceptance into the Melbourne
International Flower and Garden Show 2019 program.
On Friday 8th March 2019 SMCT were honoured to partner with Shane Delia to host a Melbourne Food and Wine event that welcomed over 90 members of the community to Melbourne General Cemetery for a celebration of Melbourne’s culinary past.
Our organisation has a uniqueness that nurtures the heart and soul. In this autumn edition of "Life" we will unpack how and why we do this.
This edition of Life focuses on nurturing - nurturing each other, our community, our surrounds and most importantly ourselves. As we start this New Year together, on behalf of the team at SMCT we welcome you to 2019 and look forward to caring for you - the Victorian community.
Bunurong Memorial Park was honoured to welcome over 400 members of our community to a special annual Christmas Remembrance Service.
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust are pleased to present our 8th Annual Report.
The Centre for Care & Wellbeing was delighted to host over 150 members of the community at Springvale Botanical Cemetery for Christmas Carols on the Lawn Sunday, 9 December 2018.
This edition of Life focuses on discovery and purpose – the importance of living, honouring and supporting your truth as well as the 100 year anniversary of Armistice Day. On behalf of the team at SMCT we would like to wish you and your extended families all the best for the holiday Season.
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust was honoured to host 600 members of our community at our annual Children’s Christmas Remembrance Service on Sunday 2, December 2018.
Southern Metropolitan Cemetery Trust is excited to announce the recent recognition as one of the top three finalists at the WorkSafe Awards 2018.
Over the weekend of Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 November, Southern Metropolitan Cemetery Trust was honoured to host almost 3,000 members of the community during the All Souls Day services.
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust was honoured to co-host the RSL Remembrance Service at the Springvale War Cemetery located at Springvale Botanical Cemetery on Sunday 4 November 2018.
Each year Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust is honoured to partner with Victoria Police on National Police Remembrance Day on 29 September.
In this 200-year anniversary of Chinese in Australia, the newly established Lotus Garden at Springvale Botanical Cemetery opened with the honouring of Chinese Australian, David Neng Hwan Wang who settled in Melbourne in 1948 and became a civic and community leader and household name in the latter part of the 20th Century.
The Spring edition of Life focuses on honour and service – the importance of honouring the past and of having special places to visit to reflect and remember the service given to us from those who have shaped our lives.
We are pleased to announce the upcoming event ‘One Million Stories’, hosted at Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Lotus Garden and conducted as part of the Chinese Museum’s current exhibition.
We have recently been advised of a number of appointments to the Trust, effective 1 July 2018.
Our CEO, Jane Grover took time recently with renowned grief expert, Dr Alan Wolfelt to discuss how SMCT is leading the way in transforming the power and purpose of cemeteries. The resulting article appeared in International Cemetery, Cremation & Funeral Association magazine. Read it here…
We are pleased to announce the upcoming release of Murrun Naroon ‘Life Spirit’, a new and unique natural burial option positioned in a beautiful native bushland environment at Bunurong Memorial Park.
We are dedicated to creating unique experiences and work in partnership with our surrounds to support the living throughout their grief journey. In this issue we explore this journey through Glorious food and Flowers, embracing our Community at the Heart, Preserving Culture in our community and upcoming tours and events across all sites.
On Thursday 17 May, the beautiful Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum was officially opened and blessed.
We are delighted to announce that Bunurong Memorial Park was awarded Gold for the Urban Design category in the 2018 Melbourne Design Awards.
Over 200 people in our community came together to honour our Mothers who are no longer with us.
In a world where change is constant, it is small gestures of kindness that make us uniquely human. Care, compassion
and community are the ordinary virtues that underpin a good society. The Autumn edition of Life focuses on our valued community.
On 12 December 2017, Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) was formally appointed to manage the Sorrento Cemetery (SC).
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust was delighted to recently publish the booklet; Victorian War Heritage – The Rich War History of Springvale War Cemetery and Springvale Botanical Cemetery.
The witness cremation viewing room at the Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP) crematorium was recently recently refurbished.
In early February this year, SMCT was excited to install two works from prominent Australian artists Greg Johns, At the centre (There is nothing) 2012 and Inge King, Jabaroo 1989 at Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP).
SMCT staff Activate Health program resulted in a Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’ category at the 25th National Safety Council of Australia (NSCA) Awards
On 12 December 2017, Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust was formally appointed to manage the Sorrento Public Cemetery.
In keeping with our commitment to provide beautiful spaces in which to honour and celebrate life, the family witness cremation viewing room at the Springvale Botanical Cemetery crematorium has recently been refurbished and upgraded.
Understanding Grief: Touchstones in Hope and Healing, was designed to explain the touchstones specifically to grieving families and was delivered by Dr Alan Wolfelt to a capacity audience at The Centre for Care and Wellbeing.
We are delighted to share the recent announcement that Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP) was runner up in the 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards.