- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust – announcement of Trust appointments - 2018
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- Bunurong Memorial Park awarded Gold in 2018 Driven x Design, Melbourne Design Awards
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Vigil Candle Lit on National Police Remembrance Day
- A Brand New Home for the Centre for Care & Wellbeing
- RSL Remembrance Service at Springvale War Cemetery
- All Souls Day Services 2018
Worksafe Awards 2018 Finalist
- Children’s Christmas Remembrance Service 2018
- CCW Christmas Carols on the Lawn
- Annual General Meeting 2018
- Bunurong Memorial Park Christmas Remembrance Service
- Melbourne Food and Wine 2019
- Thoughts and condolences for Christchurch
- Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show 2019
- Ching Ming 2019
- St Kilda perimeter wall undergoing works
- Mother’s Day Remembrance Service 2019
- Song He Xin Yuan
- St Padre Pio Mausoleum - Stage three launch
- Mother’s Day Remembrance Service 2019: Recap
- Song He Xin Yuan 2019 Opening: Recap
- Padre Pio 3 Opening Event
- What's on at SMCT
Worksafe Awards 2018 Finalist
Southern Metropolitan Cemetery Trust is excited to announce the recent recognition as one of the top three finalists at the WorkSafe Awards 2018 in the Best Solution to a Manual Handling Issue category.
SMCT was one of over 175 nominations into this prestigious annual WorkSafe Awards, now in their 30th year.
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust offers a number of memorial options including mausoleums. Traditionally the face of the crypt (shutter) is made of granite that can weigh up to 100kg and may need to be removed up to eight times from the time of purchase. This process was identified as a risk due to the weight of these shutters and the physical position that employees need to assume to complete the task.
Following extensive research and consultation, including discussions with engineering and operations employees, SMCT designed a plant attachment to allow mechanical lifting of shutters during interments.
The simple, yet effective Dellar Shutter Removal Attachment attaches to existing equipment and removes the risk of manual handling injuries associated with manoeuvring large pieces of marble or granite. It also eliminates employees having to adopt awkward postures and angles.
Since its introduction, the organisation has had zero manual handling incidents in relation to this task.