- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust – announcement of Trust appointments - 2018
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- Bunurong Memorial Park awarded Gold in 2018 Driven x Design, Melbourne Design Awards
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- What's on at SMCT
2016 Children's Christmas Remembrance Service at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
The Children’s Christmas Remembrance Service was held at Springvale Botanical Cemetery on Sunday 4 December 2016. Thank you to all who attended this very special dusk service.
On Sunday 4 December, over 100 families from across Melbourne gathered at dusk to participate in a special Christmas service to remember children.
For many families who have lost a child, Christmas can be a very difficult time. The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) was honoured to see families present who have attended the service year on year.
The non-denominational service began with a moving speech by Jane Grover, CEO of SMCT. Celebrant Sally Cant conducted the service and the Christmas carols were led by the Bayside Singers.
It was an honour to welcome the Premier of Victoria and Member for Mulgrave, the Honourable Daniel Andrews MP, on the night in support of our communities.
We also welcomed Mariam Issa, a community leader who is working with SMCT to develop the inaugural Community Garden here at Springvale Botanical Cemetery.
At the conclusion of the service, a special Christmas tree bearing remembrance messages twinkled with lights and many of the attending families took the opportunity to plant the first seedlings to start the community garden.