- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust wins at the City of Greater Dandenong Sustainability Awards
- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust and Café Vita et flores win Gold
- Café Vita et flores - Bunurong Memorial Park - Now Open
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- What's on at SMCT
Official Opening and Blessing of Saint Padre Pio Mausoleum
The second Stage of Springvale Botanical Cemetery's Saint Padre Pio mausoleum, named in honour of the much loved Italian Saint Pio of Pietrelcina, who was canonised in 2002, was officially opened and blessed by The Most Reverend, the Archbishop of Melbourne Denis Hart.
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust and Springvale Botanical Cemetery were delighted to welcome The Most Reverend, the Archbishop of Melbourne Denis Hart to officiate the Opening and Blessing of the second stage of the Saint Padre Pio Mausoleum on 25 May 2017.
The beautiful service paid tribute to the local Italian community and provided the sanctity of the blessing for the final resting place of loved ones.
Saint Padre Pio mausoleum, is the fourth mausoleum erected at Springvale Botanical Cemetery in the last 20 years. Mausolea are also located at SMCT’s Melbourne General and Brighton General cemeteries, Cheltenham Memorial Park and at Bunurong Memorial Park.