- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- What's on at SMCT
Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
On 31 October, over 300 guests flocked to the iconic Melbourne General Cemetery to enjoy a night of mystery and history at the newly revamped Halloween night tours.
The still evening air was given an atmospheric twist with the addition of actors playing special characters greeting guests along the way. They included an encounter with Harold Holt, the Australian Prime Minister presumed lost at sea, Federici, the famous ghost of the Princess Theatre, Madam Brussels, owner of a house of ill repute, and Gate Keeper William Brennan, who had many tales to tell of cemetery activities ‘back in his day’.
A special Children’s Tour kicked off the sold out proceedings and gave youngsters in attendance an opportunity to learn more about the cultural, botanical, artistic and social significance of cemeteries as multi-purpose community spaces. Prime Ministers Malcom Fraser and Sir Robert Menzies, ill-fated explorers Burke and Wills, and legendary billiards player Walter Lindrum were just a few of the notable interments whose stories fascinated and intrigued attendees. Proceeds from the tour are used for the restoration of historically significant monuments.
We would like to thank everyone who attended the guided tours and made the night such a success. If the photos are any indication, then a great time was had by all!