- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- What's on at SMCT
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust and Café Vita et flores win Gold
As first time exhibitors and entrants to the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show, the Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) and Café Vita et flores are delighted to have won the Gold Award in the Floral Design category.
SMCT’s stunning display was developed by renowned floral consultant Michael Strownix, of Where the Grass is Green. Mr Strownix worked with SMCT’s lead florist of Café Vita et flores, along with our horticulture and planning teams.
The display design is symbolic of the essence of the eight cemetery and memorial park locations for which SMCT is responsible, including the stunning botanical gardens of Springvale Botanical Cemetery and the Australian native landscapes of Bunurong Memorial Park in Dandenong South.
The flowers in the display were sourced from SMCT’s key suppliers to Café Vita et flores, the onsite florist at Springvale Botanical Cemetery and Bunurong Memorial Park. The bark and sticks used for the central giant oval display reflect SMCT’s corporate logo, and have fallen from the huge trees at Springvale Botanical Cemetery.
Throughout the Show, SMCT representatives were at the exhibit to explain the concept and further our ongoing dialogue with the community. The SMCT exhibit will be on display at Bunurong Memorial Park in April.